more EBCDIC fun

I finally got OpenSSL 0.9.6g to behave on OS/390 so I'll have some more
patches for libldap/tls.c soon. It's making me rethink my decision to leave
the entire LDAP source tree ASCII-based, as I convert EBCDIC error messages
from other libraries into ASCII, just so that the LDAP debug library can
convert it back to EBCDIC for display... Writing other apps to use libldap
will be a pain too, but I guess that's unavoidable, someone has to translate
sooner or later. I shudder to think what Cyrus SASL is going to need...