RE: gentlehup

At 04:28 PM 2002-08-15, Howard Chu wrote:
> [...]

Any call (including any call which the thread library might
intercept from other libraries) into the thread library is
problematic.

>We can fork() after opening the listeners and have the
>child process wait in a sigpause() until we want it to do something. It will
>consume practically no resources in the meantime.

Yes.

Another approach is to fork immediately and then, when needed,
pass the listener/session descriptors to the child over a pipe (or
such).  You can even pass some of the descriptors as their
pending operations complete.  Of course, descriptor passing is
not all that portable either.

Kurt