RE: ITS#1998, zero-length attr vals

I don't think that's an issue. As the comment in UTF8StringNormalize
states, all whitespace is ASCII; there are no 8-bit or larger
characters that fall into the "Space" class, and longer encodings
of ASCII characters are illegal. So, the result of the decomposition
and mapping should not result in any more spaces than the original
string contained.