From: owner-openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Charles D Sizemore
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 9:15 AM
To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: OpenLDAP Dynamic Backends

I need OpenLDAP to serve data that is partially static and partially
generated on the fly.  Because the number of dynamically generated fields is
very small, it seems to make sense to implement some kind of proxy backend
that handles those  few objects and passes the rest of the searches off to a
std backend.

I think that the correct way to do this is to generate the field after the
other backend has failed it's search.  It doesn't make sense to scan every
search for a certain substring.  Does it seem sensible for me to drop code in
slapd/result.c that calls my back-dynamic module?

thanks

C. Donour Sizemore
IBM Extreme Blue / Austin
cdsizemo@us.ibm.com