Re: OpenLDAP --enable-spasswd, SASL, PAM - not threadsafe?

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 17:50, Phil Mayers wrote:
> All (apologies for the cross-posting - I am unsure which piece of
> software the "fault" arises from),
>

> Thread 7 (line 219 of attached file) appears to be blocked inside the
> SASL library, loading the PAM library. I see three possibilities:

And the actual attachement...

> 1) SASL isn't thread-safe, and OpenLDAP should be appropriately
> protecting this bit of code, and isn't
> 2) PAM isn't thread-safe, and SASL should be locking
> 3) The pam_krb5 (or kerberos) libraries aren't thread safe
>
> For now, I'm going to try dropping back to a single-threaded slapd, but
> any suggestions would be welcome.

In addition, I've just tried builing with --enable-kpasswd to see if
this eases the problem and I needed to do this:

export CFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include
export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/kerberos/lib
./configure <options>