RE: SASL LDAP plugin

At 01:54 PM 2002-06-13, Howard Chu wrote:
> [...]

okay, then maybe a "who be this?" operation (like whoami but
asks the question "what DN is associated with this (provided)
identity?".

>, so this isn't quite enough. How about a new control
>mapNameToDN that can accompany any operation, and causes the server to
>perform the SASL name mapping steps on the request's dn/basedn before
>handling the request?

Basically, you'd have a control which would contain an
authentication or authorization identity (in authzid form).
The control should be marked critical and the base/target
DN should be empty.  Semantically, the DN associated with
the provided authzid is used as the base/target DN of the
operation.

>Then it's just a matter of using the ldap Search
>operation to retrieve any info, and ldapmodify/whatever to update passwords
>in a single step. (I guess this control would be redundant on a SASL Bind
>request, but it should be harmless...)

It should be inappropriate to attach this control to the
bind operation.

Kurt