how to configure ldap for netscape

hi all,
I required u r help. I want to use ldap server on linux for lookups of address through netscape mail clients.
I will configure Ldap server on linux according to that.
I could add entries on ldap server on offline state.
I couldn't add one entry mail in ldap server it is giviing the error.
I using default slapd.conf with little modifications.
I couldn't do it online it is giving unable to connect ot LDAP server.
Please i want just this ldap server to be used to lookup for the addresses from netscape mail client.
i any body had done this please sent me the configuration details .

thanks in advance

--
Radhakrishnan.V
Customer Engineer

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you
are not the addressee of this e-mail you should not copy, forward, disclose
or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify us by telephone or e-mail the
sender by replying to this message, and then delete this e-mail and other
copies of it from your computer system. Thank you.
We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through our
network.

dangerous content has been clearedby MailScanner, and it
is believed to be clean.