RE: openldap-2.1.1beta and libraries: linking problem

you

Looks like you found the right answer.
In libldap/Makefile.in there should be a definition
UNIX_LINK_LIBS= $(LDAP_LIBLBER_LA) $(AC_LIBS) $(SECURITY_LIBS)

liblber, libldap, and libldap_r are the only libraries that get built
as dynamic libs, and liblber doesn't depend on anything besides libc.
So, looks like libldap and libldap_r Makefile.in needs a patch.