Segmentation faults and malloc checkers

I'm trying to track down some intermittent segmentation faults which I'm
seeing in 2.1.0alpha, and a recent CVS pull. These look like they're due to
buffer overflows - so I'm trying to trace them using Electric Fence.

However, some points of the slapd code try to read over the end of a malloc'd
buffer, to optimize strcmp operations - electric fence traps this, as its a
memory error. Would patches to fix this be appreciated (it would result in a
performace hit), or is this considered to be acceptable?

Cheers,

Simon.
--
Simon Wilkinson            <simon@sxw.org.uk>          http://www.sxw.org.uk
"There's certainly a strong case for people really disliking Microsoft. Most