Re: DN Index creation failed.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 09:47:24AM +0100, Jesper Dalberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im new to the list, so please bare with me if my lack of articulation
> skills become to apparent.
>
> I currently working on an OpenLDAP setup with 1 master LDAP server and
> to replicas. Everthing was running smoothly undtil yesterday, when we suddenly
> go some weird error out of Net::LDAP when using the add feature.
>
> DN index generation failed
>
> Now... Im thinking.. The DN indexes are probably taken care of by slapd
> implicitly, the DN beeing the primary key and all, so how do I repair my LDAP
> tree, so that I may once again add etries.

As a followup, I cant tell you that the consequences of this error is that slapd
becomes non responsive, in the sense that now entries are return on ldapsearches
which would normally return entries.

Theory (however thin): The attributes used to make up the DN are taken from
the actual entry, so that 2 entries looking like this

dn: uid=blabla,ou=people,dc=cybercity,dc=dk
uid: blabla

dn: uid=blabla2,ou=people,dc=cybercity,dc=dk
uid: blabla

Could generate the problem...

---
Jesper Dalberg,