Re: back-perl and password/user synchronization

Hi,

I've been working to get 2.0.23+back-perl to compile on the Win32/MSVC++ build with Win32 Perl from ActiveState.

Question about servers/slapd/back-perl/external.h ...

extern BI_db_config	perl_back_db_config;
extern BI_op_bind	perl_back_bind;
extern BI_op_search	perl_back_search;

These are 3 lines I copied at random from extern.h. The compiler complains about every 'extern' declaration in external.h, and frankly, I can't say I blame it.

Can anyone explain what these lines are doing.

I'm assuming that if it's a prototype for an external function it would be in the form...

extern return_type function_name( function_args );

but theses are not in that form. back-ldbm uses the extern prototype form and does compile, eg...

extern int ldbm_back_db_init LDAP_P (( BackendDB *bd ));
extern int ldbm_back_db_open LDAP_P (( BackendDB *bd ));

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? Is this a GCC vs. MSVC++ thing?

--Kervin

Howard Chu wrote:
Yes, in the time between since I wrote that response and now, I have updated
the back-perl code so that it compiles. I also fixed the compare operation,
but
I haven't tested it beyond that.