Re: cvs HEAD, dumb filter (cn=) crashes slapd

Luke Howard writes:

(givenName=) requires givenName be defined with null value;

I thought LDAP attributes couldn't have NULL values? Don't know whether I'm making this up, but...

In principle, it should be based on the syntax of the attribute.
I recall directory strings do not allow empty values, so that
filter obviously evaluates to "undefined". The point is that it
was triggering an assertion in the server ...

Ando.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati