ValuesReturnFilter implementation

I'm implementing valuesReturnFilter control ( draft-ldapext-matchedval-05.txt). You so my design draft were I wrote :

"do_search() should pass one more parameter to *_back_search() wich will be the
pointer to valuesReturnFilter or NULL if control does not exist in operation.

Backend search functions have to pass pointer to valuesReturnFilter futher to

You answered tgat it's a bad idea and I should rather add on more field to "be" structure. Am I right? I'm asking becouse from your letter it was not really clear what structure I should extend.