Re: Problems with case folding of UTF-8

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 09:40:51AM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> >> Can you provide an example?
> >
> >Seems to be another problem. Adding an entry via LDAP with
> >"cn=Michael Ströder" as RDN does also not work => INVALID_DN_SYNTAX:
> >invalid DN.
>
> Are you providing the DN as a UTF-8 string?

I can confirm this, also when specifying DN as base in slapd.conf.
I'm sure I had correct UTF-8 encoding in slapd.conf, and when I
tried with RDN in LDIF, it was base64 encoded. The error is in
dnNormalize or something, it's in Ando's new DN code I guess. I
might look at it myself, but not until tomorrow I think.

Stig