Re: Default Pretty Form of DNs

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> I recommend the default pretty form be the strict RFC 2253 (bis)
> with minimal escaping.  That is, only characters which require
> escaping are escaped.  If clients desire further escaping before
> presenting the DN to the user, that's there responsibility.
>
> Comments?

Minimal escaping seems to me the best form of a DN to present to the
user. I can't imagine a case where further escaping is more readable
for a human being. Except quoted names are most times more readable
for humans. But optimization in this direction is IMHO nearly
unfeasible.

The rest is the application's responsibility anyway (e.g. properly
escaping chars when writing HTML, etc.).

Ciao, Michael.