How does one handle the LDAPMessage if the return is LDAP_RES_SEARCH_RESULT?

Folks,

I have always easily dealt with the LDAPMessage if the ldap return code is
LDAP_RES_SEARCH_ENTRY from an LDAP search.

The example search code that I have also only deals with
LDAP_RES_SEARCH_ENTRY.

However, I would like to be able to deal with the LDAP_RES_SEARCH_RESULT
return code which seems to indicate " an entire chain of entries matching a
previously initiated search request, along with a final outcome".

Does anyone have any available sample code that processes the LDAPMessage in
this case?

Thanks.

-Ken