Re: Accessing LDAP attributes inside slapd

> At 06:47 AM 2001-11-27, Mark Adamson wrote:
>> Look at the connection_internal_open() function in
>> servers/slapd/connection.c.

> I note that this function eventually needs to be replaced,
> likely by a redesigned backend api which supports send
> entry/reference/result callbacks (ala NS-SLAPI).  Otherwise
> it's virtually impossible to prevent deadlock.

I assume IBM's contribution of Netscape SLAPI to OpenLDAP (Steve Omrani's
post a few day's back) would cover that. Specifically, I think "APIs for
Management of LDAP Objects" is what we are looking for.

Steve, do you have any tentative time frames for integrating this code into
OpenLDAP?

Ganesan