Re: Unable to Connect to Mysql Server by using iODBC Driver Manager

Hi

I have experienced the same problem with PostgreSQL and finally
get it work. Don't know if this is the same problem but try this:

When odbctest ask you:

	Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list):

Type: DSN=OpenLink

If you give only 'OpenLink' you'll get this error SQLSTATE=IM008.
Perhaps
this should be added in the documentation because this is a common
problem...

After that if it doesn't work you may have a problem into the odbc.ini
then try to trace what's going wrong with:

strace -s 128 -f -e trace=open ./odbctest

Regards,

"Chaudhary, Prem Shankar" wrote:

> Hi all,
>         I want to use Mysql as Backend to openldap. I have configured my
> openldap by using --enable-sql.
>         Now in order to connect to the Mysql Server I have Installed ODBC
>         Driver Manager(libiodbbc-3.0.5). But unable to connect to Mysql server.
>         I have tested by using odbctest program. Its giving error that
>         [iODBC][Driver Manager]Dialog failed, SQLSTATE=IM008
>                                 I have wirtten the iodbc.ini file which is like
> this ::
> ;
> ;  odbc.ini
> ;
> [ODBC Data Sources]
> OpenLink = OpenLink (MT)
>
> [OpenLink]
> Driver          = /u/premc/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
> Description     = Sample OpenLink MT DSN
> Host            = localhost
> Address             = cs1.hyd.office.juno.com
> Port                = 7000
> ServerType      = Mysql
> FetchBufferSize = 99
> UserName        = root
> Password        = new-password
> Database        = /u/premc/mysql/var/test
> ServerOptions   =
> ConnectOptions  =
> Options         =
> ReadOnly        = yes
>
> [Default]
> Driver          = /u/premc/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
>
>                                 Can anybody help me out of this problem?
>                                 Thanks in advance,
>                                 Prem Shanker Chaudhary

Gilles DAROLD (Service Informatique SAMSE)
e-mail : mailto:gdarold@samse.fr
Tel  : 04.76.85.77.08 - Fax : 04.76.85.57.10