Re: ChangeLogEntry and openLdap

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 10:08 AM 2001-11-12, Mikael Grehn wrote:
> >I would like to use/implement the changeLog support for
> >replication between a LDAP Server and Client (or another
> >Server) in openLdap. This mechanism/support was described in
> >(an very old) draft , namely
> >"draft-ietf-asid-changelog-00.txt" by Gordon Good, Netscape
> >Communications 25 Nov. 1996 .
>
> Changelog is not implemented in OpenLDAP.  You are welcomed to
> implement it, but I'd suggest you consider implementing LCUP
> instead.

> If you do implement changelog, be sure to use the latest
> changelog I-D <draft-good-ldap-changelog-02.txt> as a basis.

I am reading <draft-good-ldap-changelog-02.txt> (ChangeLog draft )
and <draft-ietf-ldup-lcup-01.txt> (LCUP draft) to see what needs
to be done. Our customer needs the ChangeLog functionality so it
is likely that I have to choose that replication/update method.

Please let me get back if I have additional questions.

> Both changelog and LCUP would require significant work (which
> is why they haven't been implemented).

Depending on the amount of time required I will either hack this
functionality or fully implement it...either way it might be
interesting for openLdap community (based on the response I got
from different people after my last post) to submit it to openldap
project when it is done.

Thanks for your help.
Sincerely
Mikael Grehn