[Date Prev][Date Next]
gb2312->utf8 in ldif
- To: "openldap" <openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: gb2312->utf8 in ldif
- From: "Jay Sun" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 08:50:36 -0700
- Content-language: en
- Organization: Lycos Mail (http://mail.lycos.com:80)
I have created a ldif file with one entry that has base64 encoded utf8 string:
The 5Lq6 came from gb2312 string ? converted to utf-8 and then base64 encoded. I alway get the error when using ldapadd
ldap_add: Invalid syntax
additional info: destinationIndicator: value #0 invalid per syntax
with the same result. However, if I use
where c2VjcmV0 is the ascii string "secret" converted to utf-8 and then base64 encoded, everything worked fine. Is it because openldap somehow doesn't like the Chinese encoding? or because I did something wrong?
Thanks for any pointer. I am desperately needing to figure this out
Make a difference, help support the relief efforts in the U.S.