[Date Prev][Date Next]
Schema to support Palm Pilot Address data
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Schema to support Palm Pilot Address data
- From: Jeremy White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:20:50 -0500
- Organization: CodeWeavers, Inc.
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; Mozilla/4.7 [en] (Win98; U)) Gecko/20010913
I have written an application to sync my Handspring Visor
directly to an LDAP repository. In order to accomplish
this cleanly, I needed to extend the inetorgperson schema
to supply a few Palm specific fields.
Now, I've defined a schema to accomplish this, and here
are the questions:
1. I have to imagine someone wiser than I has already
defined a schema to address this problem; if so, where
would I find it? (And yes, I have reviewed the
various perl-abook projects, and AFAICT, their
schemas do not fully support the Palm fields).
2. If not, how would I go about obtaining a useful OID
(I'm using one within my PEN) and then formally
submitting my schema?