Re: Please test OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:52:30AM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 08:28 AM 2001-09-05, Peter W wrote:

> >Do you care about things like non-fatal compiler complaints

> I like to hear about them.  Suggested patches are, of course,
> welcomed.  Whether a change is warranted is another matter.  If
> not benign, we definitely should address it.  If benign, then it
> depends... (we try to do your best, but sometimes the best thing
> to do is nothing).

99% of the stderr output in 'make' compilation is either char/uchar
or const / regular mismatches, or the almost certainly harmless warnings
about end of loop not reached / statement not reached, etc.

A few warnings look more ominous. Here they are (all of them):

I think the follwoing is for ./libraries/libldap/init.c
"init.c", line 224: warning: argument #1 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to struct ldap {pointer to struct sockbuf {..}
ld_sb, struct ldapoptions {..} ld_options, ushort ld_lberoptions, poi... :
"./ldap-int.h", line 552
        argument : pointer to struct ldapoptions {short ldo_valid, int
ldo_debug,pointer to struct timeval {..} ldo_tm_api, pointer to struct ...
"init.c", line 360: warning: argument #1 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to struct ldap {pointer to struct sockbuf {..}
ld_sb, struct ldapoptions {..} ld_options, ushort ld_lberoptions, poi... :
"./ldap-int.h", line 552
        argument : pointer to struct ldapoptions {short ldo_valid, int
ldo_debug,pointer to struct timeval {..} ldo_tm_api, pointer to struct ...

And I think this is ./libraries/libldap/tls.c
"tls.c", line 529: warning: initialization type mismatch
"tls.c", line 531: warning: initialization type mismatch
"tls.c", line 533: warning: initialization type mismatch

Compiler environment is Solaris 2.6/Sparc, C compiler is Sun WorkShop 5.0

-Peter

--
Unix turns one billion: < 3 days, 7 hours, 51 min., 17 sec. remaining!
http://www.electromagnetic.net/press-releases/unixonebln.php