How do you access ld_errno? According to RFC1823 and ldap_open(3) I should
be able to access ld_errno within the LDAP structure, e.g.

LDAP *ld = ldap_open(.....);

printf ("%d\n",ld->ld_errno);

However, this will fail with 'dereferencing pointer to incomplete type'. I
looked through /usr/include/ldap.h and noticed that LDAP is defined as follows

typedef struct ldap LDAP;

and struct ldap is missing which explains the error. The problem is I need
ld_errno for certain cases, e.g.

entry = ldap_next_entry (ldap,entry)

if entry == NULL, it could be there is simply no more entries in the list or
that some error occurred and the only way I can check whether it's an error
or not is by using ld_errno.

So the question is how do I do it? If I can't then how am I supposed to
check for an error in above case?

You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and all of the people some of the time,
but you can never fool your Mom.

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - Frogfoot Networks
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net
 Email: abz@frogfoot.net