[Date Prev][Date Next]
rework objs in slapd/tools (was: Problem when using ldap_rename_s (ITS#1184))
- To: OpenLDAP-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: rework objs in slapd/tools (was: Problem when using ldap_rename_s (ITS#1184))
- From: Pierangelo Masarati <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 08:48:52 +0200 (MEST)
- In-reply-to: <200107062319.f66NJ8j83020@galois.openldap.org> from "Kurt@OpenLDAP.org" at Jul "6," 2001 "11:19:08" pm
> At 03:34 AM 7/6/2001, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> >I committed a couple of patches that make back-ldbm honor '+'
> >concatenated attrs in adding/deleting attrs when modifying the
> >rdn. It needs -DMULTIATTRVAL_RDN in back-ldnm/Makefile to compile.
> >It worked in simple cases, I didn't do an exaustive check.
> >All the modrdn stuff seems to be somewhat fragile, because
> >changes are made and tested step by step and there's no rollback
> >If it works fine, I can apply the same changes to back-bdb.
> >PS: Note that this breaks slapd/tools because they cannot resolve
> >the slap_mods_free() function; it should be moved to some library.
> >Kurt, what fix do you suggest?
> Likely the best thing to do is to move the functions
> into a separate file mods.c and then add the mods.o to
> SLAPD_OBJS in tools/Makefile.in.
> Try your best to avoid avoiding sucking in unnecessary
> pieces into the tools...
In some sense, the point is that slapd's tools don't need ldbm_back_modrdn;
maybe we'd try to put only a subset of what presently goes in
libbackends.a into the tools. The slap_mods_free() should be a very
"basic" slapd utility.
In this case I can even duplicate the code of this function in
back-ldbm/modrdn.c, it's 5 or 6 lines. I'll see what I can do best.