[Date Prev][Date Next]
National Language Support Library
IBM would like to contribute a library which can be used to add localization support to OpenLDAP. The library includes:
1. a set of routines used to construct XPG4 compliant catalogs from a text file.
2. a set of routines used to retrieve messages from the an XPG4 compliant catalog file.
3. an initial Message Catalog for slapd, which can be expanded as more error codes/messages are added to slapd.
If this library is accepted by the community and incorporated into OpenLDAP, it will provide the following benefits:
1. ability to log LDAP error and informational messages in the user's local language.
2. ability for LDAP client applications developers to customize LDAP error and informational messages.
3. ability for LDAP client applications developers to add their own error codes/messages and use a common interface to retrieve their messages.
Therefore I am requesting feedback from the community to see if this library would be beneficial to OpenLDAP.
IBM Linux Technology Center
Tie Line: 242-6569