Re: Incorporating md5-BSD-style passwd-hash in openldap

At 12:11 PM 5/4/01, Paulo Matos wrote:
>On Fri, 4 May 2001, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>
>Kurt> Given that I won't have time to write something like this
>Kurt> for quite some time, I was hoping someone else would
>Kurt> volunteer. :-)
>
>        No problem, you find your volunteer! Now please give some hints!
>(I asked a few questions on the first post)
>        Basically what I need to now other that what I asked before
>is where are parsing functions in order to extract the new config
>paramenter.

I suggest a quick hack initially.  Add a static (local to file)
variable to liblutil/passwd.c which holds a point to a format
string (default to NULL) and then code to check if the generate
crypt() password function.  If NULL, do what we do today.  Otherwise,
generate a 16 character long, base64 salt string and snprintf it
into the salt to be passed to crypt using the specified format.  And
an access function which sets the static variable.

In slapd, hack config.c to have an directive which sets the
format via an access function.