[Date Prev][Date Next]
TLS/SSL possible startup bug in slapd
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: TLS/SSL possible startup bug in slapd
- From: Monty Charlton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:59:16 -0700
- Content-disposition: inline
- Organization: Caldera Systems <http://www.caldera.com>
When TLSCertificateKeyFile is defined in slapd.conf, and that file points to an encrypted key, I am prompted for a PEM password regardless of whether I am trying to start slapd with TLS/SSL support enabled (slapd -h "ldap:///" or just plain slapd). Is this intended? After entering the password, it starts, just as it should, _without_ TLS/SSL support.
What I have done in the mean time is cook up a small perl script that comments the three TLS entries before trying to start slapd without TLS/SSL support. But this seems suboptimal. Does anyone see this as an issue worth addressing?
Caldera Systems, Inc.