Re: [Fwd: sUffixAlias]

I have a couple of quick comments:

Values of user provided attributes should not be modified by
the server on input or output.  As DNs are derived, in general,
from user provided attributes, they should not be modified as
well.  This is true for the master, a slave, or any proxy.

suffixAlias was meant as an aliasing mechanism.  It's handling
should be consistent with other forms of aliasing.

Now I believe there could be some interesting work done to
support virtual views.  A virtual view backend could be
viewed as one as providing some rewriting capabilities.

However, I do believe it inappropriate to place rewriting
capabilities in the frontend.

Kurt