Re: UTF8 case insensitive matching

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 01:11:25PM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> The DN normalization and matching?

I'm looking at this. I have some questions.

I'm writing UTF8str2upper and perhaps some other UTF8 functions
that need liblunicode to work. I think they belong in utf8.c in
libldap, but it's not so good I think, if applications that use
libldap also must link with liblunicode. Where should I put it?

I'm not sure, but I think that the width of a character in UTF8
might change when you change casing. Does anyone know for sure
if it might? If it can change, dn_normalize will have to malloc
space for a new string and return a pointer to that. A lot of
code would have to be changed then. An easy but incorrect way
out could be to simply not change casing for a character if
the size is different. It would still be better than todays
situation.

Stig