Re: testing for pthreads in default libraries

With configure generated from the current configure.in (modulo
some patches for a custom backend), it doesn't find
pthread_create in the default libraries. (This is under
Mac OS X Public Beta.)

configure:7219: checking for pthread_create in default libraries
configure:7355: cc -o conftest -arch ppc -g -O3 -pipe -I/AppleInternal/Developer/Headers   -arch ppc  -L/AppleInternal/Developer/Libraries -lcommon          -all_load conftest.c  1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 7294 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* pthread test headers */
#include <pthread.h>
#ifndef NULL
#define NULL (void*)0
#endif

That program compiles and runs fine if I try it myself. I
take your point about cross-compiling, I guess I didn't
look at the output of autoconf closely enough.

lukeh@off/lennie[63]% ./p # conftest program
lukeh@off/lennie[64]% echo $?

I can futz up configure so that pthread_create() is found,
but then it fails to verify that pthread_create() works:

checking for pthread_create in default libraries... yes
checking for sched_yield... yes
checking for pthread_yield... no
checking for pthread_kill... no
checking for pthread_rwlock_destroy... no
checking for pthread_detach with <pthread.h>... yes
checking for pthread_setconcurrency... no
checking for pthread_getconcurrency... no
checking for thr_setconcurrency... no
checking for thr_getconcurrency... no
checking for pthread_kill_other_threads_np... no
checking for LinuxThreads implementation... no
checking for LinuxThreads consistency... no
checking if pthread_create() works... no

configure:9518: checking if pthread_create() works
configure:9588: cc -o conftest -arch ppc -g -O3 -pipe -I/AppleInternal/Developer/Headers   -arch ppc  -L/AppleInternal/Developer/Libraries
-lcommon          -all_load conftest.c    1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 9527 "configure"

Again, same deal: if I compile the program out of
config.log, it works and returns 0.

I am using the autoconf that I downloaded from the
OpenLDAP FTP site.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | Darwin Developer | PADL Software Pty Ltd
www.padl.com | lukeh@darwin.apple.com | lukeh@padl.com