Re: Development snapshot tarball?

--- "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:
[SNIP]

> In regards to your request for snapshots, I ask that you
> attempt to try all of the previously mentioned methods
> for gaining live CVS access through firewalls and report
> back on how and why they failed.  As noted, data on
> port 443 usually goes through without restriction.  If
> the firewall happens this block this port but allows other
> ports (SMTP, IMAP, POP, SSH, TELNET, DOMAIN...), please
>
> Kurt

I cannot initiate any direct connection on any port to the outside
world.  From the perspective of my workstation, EVERY port is blocked
by the firewall ... yes, even 443.  My only access (other than email)
is through a proxy server which only accepts HTTP-style requests
(http://, https://, ftp://, etc.).  It doesn't, unfortunately, accept
the CONNECT directive, which eliminates the CVS "dev-http" patch as
well as other HTTP tunneling mechanisms based on that strategy.

- Cedric

=====
// Cedric Tefft: Proto-Human, Reluctant Programmer
// EMail: cedric@earthling.net  PGP Key ID: 0xC6B106A7