Re: Another observation about the beta release ...

At 09:18 PM 7/16/00 -0700, Anthony Brock wrote:
>I will hopefully have some time to look into this tomorrow.  On another note, I was wondering how we're supposed to add indexes after creating the database.

At the moment, you need to use slapcat/slapadd.

>I would LOVE to use the utilities mentioned in the faq (and which I have used in the past), but these utilities apparently are no longer included with the development version.  Are they planned for the future, or has the functionality been merged into something else?

slapindex will be updated to support new schema codes or replaced
with some sort of slapreindex tool.

>Overall, I am very impressed so far.  The only other draw back has been performance.  A simple search against the 1.2.11 version returns (across the network) in less than a second (using an identical database with identical indexes).  The newer version returned the same results in approximately 7 seconds under identical conditions.  Once I tweaked the slapd daemon using the 'cachesize' and 'dbcachesize' options, the response time after the first query was reduced to 3 second.

Note that 2.x does yet support substrings indexes.  So, searches
with substring matching take longer.