Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:56:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: dan@mid-hudson.com
To: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
Cc: dan@mid-hudson.com, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: openldap on alpha

It seems as if a patch has been available since Apr 28th

http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=63185

but it still hasn't been merged into either a debian package or upstream.
I know that Ben C (bcollins@debian.org) has said on both the debian list

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-alpha-0006/msg00019.html

and in the ITS on this issue

http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=535;user=guest;selectid=535

that he knows about the issue, but it seem like small patch that could be
quickly merged.  It does *run* without the patch, but the performance hit
on the Alpha DS10 is bad enough that I wouldn't want to put it into
production like that.  I'm currently running with the patch applied by
hand.

As it seems to be a small path, although you may want to do it
differently, and its is listed as an important issue that has been open
for almost 45 days, I'm curious as to why it hasn't been added.  I'd be
much more comfortable putting this setup into production if I didn't have
to apply that patch by hand.  I am, by far, a programmer.

Please correct me if I'm off base on this.  The more I learn, the less I
know.

Dan
Network Systems Engineer