Re: Replication - Persitent search - What to do???

At 10:41 AM 6/7/00 +0000, stebbi@oz.com wrote:
>I'm working on a project where I have to replicate data from an LDAP server
>(when it is inserted, modified or deleted) to an Oracle database.  I'm not
>sure which LDAP server I'll be using (it's not up to me) but what I do need
>to find out is which way is the best way to be notified of changes to the
>LDAP data and replicate it to my Oracle database.

There is no standard approach for notifications of change defined
by LDAP specifications.  Solutions vary from vendor to vendor.

With OpenLDAP, the server (if enabled) maintains replication
logs.  You can use these to update your "slave" database.  You
could even use slurpd as a bases for such.

Kurt