Re: Please comment

At 09:18 PM 6/4/00 -0400, Mark Valence wrote:
>Definitely not 4, but I think suffix matching (3) is an easy (and
>desirable) target.  It is a useful pattern, unless there is another
>way to specify all objects within a certain subtree of the DIT.

I would rather see us add another keyword:
	target/base=DN
	target/onelevel=DN
	target/subtree=DN
	target/children=DN

Where DN was a DN, not a regex, and for DN of dc=example,dc=net
equiv to:
  dn="^dc=example,dc=net$"
  dn="^[^,]+,dc=example,dc=net$"
  dn="^(.+,)?dc=example,dc=net$"
  dn="^([^,]+,)?dc=example,dc=net$"

respectively.  (note: the above regex assume RDN values do not
contain quoted or escaped commas).

Similiar to DN, it could be used in "to" or "by" clause.
If both a dn= and a target= were in the same clause, they
would both have to satified for the clause to match.

	Kurt