Re: objectclass attribute

Dear Kurt,
    thanks for the reply.

> >Question 3:
> >    Does it matter if I start the linked list with the objectclass
> >attributes or that 'actual' attributes themselves?
>
> The returned list of attributes is unorderred sequence.

When using ldapsearch.exe the order seems to matter.
If I link my attribute list (sent from my server to client) with first
attribute 'OBJECTCLASS' and several values for this type(for example)
type1=OBJECTCLASS
    value1=TOP
    value2=NEWPILOTPERSON
    etc
and continue with ordinary attributes everything works perfectly (and both
objectclasses are 'registered') but if I divide the objectclass values onto
several attribute nodes like:
type1=OBJECTCLASS
    value1=TOP
type2=OBJECTCLASS
    value1=NEWPILOTPERSON
etc
it fails to read more than the first objectclass(TOP).

Request of comments on some other work that I'm doing:
I am about to insert code to limit the number of clients logged in
simulateously by counting the number of new threads
(one for each new client) that tries to log on. The value is read from
registry when initializing daemon.
I have also included code to shutdown OpenLDAP from a remote program using
the currentthreadID.
The main url-listener thread is concidered the main thread and when it is
initialized it saves its thread id in registry.
The remote application reads this id (after checking that server is running
using global event) and posts a message to OpenLDAP thread(in main thread
loop). Thread performs ExitProcess and shutdown is performed(in a safe
manner).

Perhaps the current idle time for each logged on client could be checked the
same way.

Any comments or doubts about doing this?
Instability?

--
Sincerely
Mikael Grehn