Re: Detecting an error from ldap_get_values()

At 08:07 PM 3/21/00 +0100, Julio Sánchez Fernández wrote:

>"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking that the LDAP C API I-D should require the
>> API to set LDAP_ERROR_NUMBER upon ldap_get_values() error.
>> This issue should be raised to IETF-LDAPext.
>>
>> In the mean time, I would not object to adding code to
>> OpenLDAP-devel to set LDAP_ERROR_NUMBER.
>
>It is not setting, it is clearing a prior error code.

I see.  Then the caller (sendmail) should clear the error code
before making the call.  The API is only allowed to set LDAP_ERROR_NUMBER
with the server provided resultCode or an code reserved for API use.
It's not allowed set the session LDAP_ERROR_NUMBER to LDAP_SUCCESS.

Sounds more and more like an IETF LDAPext WG issue.