Re: 2 questions

See the FAQ.  http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/220.html

>2. What problems will I encounter if I change the version number in
>OpenLDAP (2.0 alpha3) from 2 to 3?

Well, you'll likely break things.  I believe versioning is
implemented per LDAPv2 and LDAPv3 specifications.

>    The server (ofcourse) cannot support LDAPv3 subschema, extended
>op(?) etc. but it should be possible
>    to return error messages for these occations(after some additional
>hacking).

If you are going to hack anything, hack OpenLDAP-devel.  -alpha3
is for reference only.  -devel also contains the latest
work-in-progress LDAPv3 schema management codes.