Re: Problems with shared libs on HPUX 11

On 31 Jan, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> Likely libtool 1.3.3 doesn't support HPUX 11.  You could attempt
> to upgrade the libtool to a later version.
>
> 	Kurt

I didn't think anyone was paying attention. It does compile, if you state
--enable-shared=yes *and* --enable=static=yes. That's what I ended up doing.
I don't know enough of configure or libtool to say which one of those is at
fault. But I suspect the problem is with configure: when I specify
--enable=static=no the .sl files are built but no symlinks are made to
locate them properly (i.e. with the .sl extension). The reason I think it's
a configure.in problem is that Tcl and Tk allow you to compile with
--enable-shared only but the source code doesn't use libtool.

Penguin Power!

Laurent Duperval
CGI - SARM Project
Phone: (514) 350-3368