Re: OpenLDAP on OpenVMS?

At 07:01 PM 1/31/00 -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
>> Basically, write a config.pl (perl is available for just about any
>> platform) which would determine the basic architecture of the system,
>> prep itself with a set of predetermined, platform specific values
>> (stored in a file in build directory), and then generate all the
>> files that config.status would normally generate.
>
>Glibc uses a DOS .bat script for doing this. I don't see why it can't be
>done here too. Makes it ever so much more easy too (they wont need to
>install win32 perl).

Nice thing about the Perl approach is that it can be used for
other environments such as OpenVMS.

However, I much rather see per platform, canned 'config.status'
scripts than per platform build environments.  We need to reuse
(and generalize if needed) the existing templates as much as
possible.

	Kurt