Re: OpenLDAP on OpenVMS?

At 01:04 PM 1/30/00 +1030, jeremy+openldap@vsm.com.au wrote:
>I downloaded the OpenLDAP 1.2.7 kit but am unable to build it, because I
>have no means of running the "configure" script to generate such files as
>"portable.h".

Look about the VMS archives and see if there are basic UNIX command
line tools available for VMS.  In particular, you'll would need:
	Bourne Shell (Korn/Bash might do)
	awk,sed,[e]grep

and likely:
	GNU Make
	GNU CC

I have no clue as to the availability of such tools under VMS.

Another option (not recommended) is to build some sort of alternative
build mechanism such as what we've done for WinNT.

	Kurt