Double byte in OPENLDAP, anyone tried this?

hi there,

I'm now working on projects for Korean, Japan and Taiwan clients. They use "double bytes"
to represent their characters in computer.

I tried storing the name, surname and addresses in "double bytes" characters into openldap
but when i tried to view them with an ldap client, say netscape, the characters does not display properly
even though i have the Chinese reader NJ Star turn on.

I did further research and found out that thouse double bytes can have ascii value beyond 127 while
a normal string char's ascii char will be less than 127.

Basically, it does not work.

Anyone have ever tried storing double byte characters into openldap? Or what other directory software should i use
in order to support double byte?

With the potential market in China, it is a big disadvantage for openldap not being able to support double byte.

regards,
syw