Re: Kerberos 5 Support for OpenLDAP-release

Booker Bense wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>
> > Booker Bense wrote:
> > > - When I was messing around with this I found that there is
> > > a problem building it with the MIT K5 kerberos4 libraries.
> > > It looks like a simple fix, just seems to be some libraries
> > > missing on the compile line. I think it's just a matter of
> > > adding -lcrypto and -lcom_err to the K5 library list. I'll
> > > try it and see what happens.
> >
> > This is the second area I meantioned needing work.  A
> > developer(s) with a good knowledge of various Kerberos
> > (K4, K5, KTH, whatever) releases needs to sort out the
> > build system...  I'm quite willing to provide autoconf help.
> >

> - Well, I tested it and if you add -lcrypto and -lcom_err for the MIT
> K5 k4 libraries, it compiles and works. I haven't had the
> chance to look at the appropriate changes for configure.in yet.

Are -lcrypto and -lcom_err both MIT K5 distribution libraries?
Is -lcom_err the same as FreeBSD's -lcom_err ?
	http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=com_err

We link with this library under FreeBSD when we use -lfetch (URL
fetching)... so I wonder about compatibility.

> - What other environments are you trying to make it work for?

Well, I'd like it to work for the environments that you
and other contributors need it to work for.  That is, I am
willing to integrate code for any environment to which
someone is willing to support (ie: development/maintain).

> I'd guess the only remaining one is KTH. I suspect that will
> require a few ifdef's due to their slightly different API.

What about AFS Kerberos?

> ( The changes are trivial, but oh so annoying... ).

Yes.  I'd like to localize this as much as possible...