2.0 TODO List

We need your help to make 2.0 a reality.  If you have time to work
on any of these projects, please contact me.

OpenLDAP To Do List

This is a list of projects that need getting done.  They are defined
by scale of the effort as opposed to priority.  Contribute to projects
based upon your personal priorities.

If you would like to work on any of these projects, please
coordinate with the listed individual.   If no one is
listed, post to OpenLDAP Developer's List (you must be subscribed
to post).

If you have a project you'd like added to the list, talk it up
on Developer's list.

Please read:

OpenLDAP 2.0 Projects
    client API update
        schema parsing
        add TLS/SSL support
    SASL support
        DIGEST-MD5/Cyrus SASL Integration
        schema rules
        update to use ldap_*_ext routines
        add -C/-CC/-R referral chasing options
    SLAPD/SLURD Admin Guide

Other projects:

Large projects
Redesign slapd threading (thread pooling)
Redesign slapd caching
Redesign slapd memory allocation fault handling
Schema Repository
Modify -lldap to be session-level thread support (ldap_dup)
Slapd-DB2 - Berkeley DB backend w/ transaction support <ksp@openldap.org>

Medium projects
Modify -lldap to be reentrant/threadsafe <bart@openldap.org>
Modify libraries to use application specified logging routines
Modify servers to use reentrant library functions
Extend slapd to support identd (RFC1413) information in ACLs
Port slapd (incl back-ldbm & tools) to NT <gwilliams@openldap.org>
Port slurpd to NT

Small projects
Create ldapurl (from ldapsearch?) to support searching by URL
Create ldapquery (from ldapsearch?) to support searching using ldap_getfilter(3)
Extend gateways to support tcp_wrappers
Extend slapd/tcp_wrapper to support identd
Extend mail500 (and other daemons) to use ldap_getfilter(3)
Update Kerberos Support
Add useful information to our FAQ http://www.openldap.org/faq/
Update any manual page

For additional TODO items, see: