Problem with backend initialization failure handled by SLAPD frontend

Hello,

I am writing a backend using my own database system. I had no problem so far. I only use 3 backend function:

bi->bi_db_init
bi->bi_db_destroy
bi->bi_op_search

My init(), destroy() and search() function work fine when there is no initialization problem with my database.

But when I tested my bi_db_init() function to intentionally provoke an error to see how SLAPD would handle a return value different than 0, SLAPD crashes.

I just want to know, is there some step I missed?  Is there some sort of operation I must perform before I return my error value?

Tks

Louis