Re: calloc failures with concurrent writers (ITS#277)

At 02:01 PM 9/3/99 -0600, Jeff Romine wrote:
>There is a multi-threaded malloc library for Solaris, (at least with 2.7).
>Try adding -lmtmalloc to your LIBS definition.

Sounds like something for the FAQ...  (hint, hint)

>We are also working
>with OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_1_2 on a multi-processor Solaris
>box and were seeing some problems in the memory allocation calls.
>I don't think we have seen them since we started to use the multi-threaded
>malloc library.

We likely need some additional configure support to
handle this.  Is -lmtmalloc safe to used only with threaded
applications?  Is it automatically pulled in by -mt or other
thread options?  Which thread libraries is -lmtmalloc compatible
with?  Are there routines specific (ie: not in -lc) to -lmtmalloc
that can be used to ensure -lmtmalloc is in fact a malloc
implementation?