Re: OpenLDAP-2.0-alpha & varargs or stdarg

At 06:49 PM 8/19/99 +0200, Frédéric Poels wrote:
>Good evening!
>
>It looks like the configure script for openLDAP 2.0 alpha has trouble
>deciding if it should use varargs or stdarg on AIX 4.2.1. If finally
>managed to compile the beast by forcing it to use varargs (I modified
>ac/stdargs which is really a patch but not a correction). Has anybody had
>similar problems?

I hope not!  If your compiler supports stdargs, then we need to sort
out why the detection failed.

Which compiler are you using?   2.0-alpha, by default, will use "cc".
If you want to use a different compiler, you must explicitly say so.
	env CC=gcc ./configure

What happens when you:
	env CPPFLAGS=-DHAVE_STDARG ./configure

Does your compiler define __STDC__ ?
Does stdarg.h exist?  is HAVE_STDARG_H defined in portable.h?

Kurt