Re: profiled slapd (from -devel branch)

At 03:12 AM 8/5/99 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
>Sheesh, I never imagined it would be such a pain to get a gprof of a running
>slapd, but it's taken me most of today to get glibc to cooperate on this
>Linux system.

I would be suggest configure --with-threads (and a compatible database
library).  I am not sure gprof works under LinuxThreads.

I would also suggest doing a series of runs which operations calls.

1) startup/shutdown with no LDAP operations

2) 1 + RootDSE search

3) 2 + subtree match all entries in backend (from disk)

4) 3 + subtree match all entries in backend (from cache)

Kurt