tcp timeoutcon patch for libldap

Hi,

we had massive problems with LDAP clients
blocking in the connect() system call. So
I wrote a patch against libldap/os-ip.c
which uses a non-blocking socket and select()
to avoid this. To set/get the timeout, I used
the yet unused LDAP_OPT_TIMEOUT option flag
in ldap.h. With the patch applied you could
set the TCP connect timeout by using

ld = ldap_init(host, LDAP_PORT);
int timeout = 10;
ldap_set_option(ld, LDAP_OPT_TIMEOUT, &timeout);
ldap_simple_bind_s(ld, ...);

if timeout == -1, connect will block as usual
if timeout == 0, connect will return immediatly
if timeout >  0, wait n seconds for connect to return

Also, by using a non-blocking socket, it is now possible
to enable  the 'async' parameter to ldap_connect_to_host.

regards, Lars Uffmann

--
Lars Uffmann, <lars.uffmann@mediaWays.net>, fon +49 5241 80 1438