compiling problems

Has anyone out there had troubles compiling the TCL backend?

First I had trouble getting configure to make the Makefile, then I had trouble with the 'make depend' command but then I got it to work.  Now when I try the make command I get a lot of compiler errors for these files, specifically in external.h.

THey're of the form "Parse error before * " for a line like this:

extern int tcl_back_initialize LDAP_P ((BackendInfo * bi));

Where the heck is a BackendInfo object defined anyways?  It's not in any of the ldap or tcl files as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
Phil